- Large Retail/Hospitality company
- Newly created national Desktop support role
- Contract (possibly temp to perm)
This highly regarded national operation based just outside Melbourne’s CBD, is continuing to expand and grow – catering to its millions of customers. Reporting to the IT Manager, a newly created temporary position has been created on an initial interim basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the smooth running of the desktop environment, including email, application software and operating systems;
- Determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Install and support PC, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and software (certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft or HDI are a plus).
- Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
You will ideally have an appropriate degree in IT or Computer Science and have experience managing a fast-paced, retail environment (POS Micros), their in-house Purchasing system and Golden Plains Financial system. Of equal importance is your no nonsense, practical and hands-on approach to work. Immediate start.
Please note we can only consider individuals with the right to work in Australia, who are immediately available.